Tuesday 6 January 2015

Dialogue: The Last Conversation Before the End of the World

Dialogue: The Last Conversation Before the End of the World

-       Don’t you see, we only have seconds left
-       We’ll always have seconds left, many of them
-       No you don’t understand
-       Sure, I do
-       We have really only seconds left, enough that you can count them
-       But by the time you count them all, you’ll be dead
-       Exactly
-       So we really have years
-       No
-       No?
-       No you don’t understand
-       I’m trying to but you are making it sound like the world is coming to an end
-       Exactly
-       So the world is coming to an end?
-       Yes
-       When?
-       In seconds
-       So you are telling me that in seconds, we are all going to just be part of some kind of apocalypse, that the world is going to explore and all of us with it?
-       No
-       I don’t understand
-       I know
-       So explain it to me
-       I’ve tried but it seems like you just don’t want to accept it
-       Accept what? The end of the world?
-       Yeah
-       Well of course I don’t want to accept it
-       But that’s the case, in seconds the world will…
-       What the hell is going on! I invite you here for tea and you are telling me that in seconds, the world as we know it will cease to exist, we’ll probably be eaten by zombies or zombie bears or something
-       No, I never said anything about zombies
-       Well then say something that makes sense
-       Just wait, I hear something
-       What the ticking of the end of the world?
-       Kind of sounds like crying
-       Oh god… are you just playing a joke on me? Haha, we had a laugh
-       No its not a joke. I hear it all… its all very bad
-       Remember when we were kids and used to play with those small dolls and they lived in those small worlds that you could fold up in a little plastic purse
-       Polly Pocket?
-       Yeah!
-       Its coming. I love you.
-       I love you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment