Tuesday 7 October 2014

Dialogue: The Internet

Dialogue: The Internet

-       What if the Internet crashes?
-       How do you mean?
-       Like, what if it crashes?
-       Can you explain?
-       No.
-       How could it crash? It’s the Internet?
-       I mean like, will I lose everything on my blog? How do you back up a blog?
-       You don’t have to back it up. Its on the Internet.
-       Yeah, but what if it crashes?
-       The Internet?
-       Yeah.
-       How could the Internet crash?
-       I don’t know, but what if it does? I would lose everything.
-       Just get an external hard drive.
-       Well, if you think its really impossible that the Internet will crash, I guess I don’t need one.
-       I don’t know if the Internet will crash.
-       So I should get the hard drive?
-       Yeah, probably.
-       Probably?
-       Yeah.
-       But you said –
-       Yeah well I wouldn’t want to be responsible if the Internet crashes and you lose your blog.
-       Imagine if it actually crashed though.
-       Yikes.
-       I would know so many less people. I would lose a lot of friends.
-       Or realize you don’t have many.
-       Hey!
-       I don’t have many either!
-       Well, we would still talk right?
-       Yeah of course. We were friends before Facebook so we aren’t dependent on it.
-       Right, yes. I agree.
-       I hope it doesn’t crash though.
-       Yeah me too. I hope we didn’t jinx it.
-       Yeah.
-       Yeah.
-       So are you going to get the external hard drive?
-       I think I will. I think it will be comforting to see it you know. I mean, obviously I wouldn’t see all my files but I would know they’re really there, you know. Contained in that little black vault. Because you can’t even see the Internet. How do you even know its there.
-       Of course its there.
-       Yeah, but how do you know? How do you know what it looks like? I mean if you can’t see it?
-       I mean, you can’t see God.
-       Exactly my point.

-       Right.

No comments:

Post a Comment