Tuesday 30 September 2014

My Fight With an Iguana




My Fight With an Iguana

In my mind I wrestled the iguana and I won
and I thought it was a rather fair fight I did
because I broke a sweat and even cut myself a little and my blood was drawn
and I let out a series of grunts of ohs and ahs
so you know it was a fair fight because I had to release steam from my mouth,
vocally I had to say this is a fair fight without actually saying it with words I had to say
I am struggling because this iguana is heavier than the average weight of a male iguana
and his nails are long and his row of spines are protruding all erect waiting
to aggressively lead me to recoil myself all by myself
before the rain starts and mixes with the sun and forms a rainbow to be the backdrop
to this strange fight which has come to attract a crowd.

The teenagers are filming the scene on their iPhones
probably to upload onto YouTube because its not every day
you see a small girl fighting a meter long iguana in front of a rainbow.
They will put glitter on my face when they announce me the victor
and I will have to stomach it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment