Thursday 11 September 2014

"Dabbler"

Having to write my About Me for this blog I had to really think about how I might be best described and I suppose, how I conceive of myself. Coming up with the notion that I am a “dabbler”, I thought immediately about that scene in Lost in Translation where Charlotte (Scarlett Johansson) is trying to talk about herself and her interests and says “I tried taking pictures, but they were so mediocre. I guess every girl goes through a photography phase. You know, horses... taking pictures of your feet.” And so, it all made me consider that maybe I’m this girl taking loads of pictures of my feet with a camera, through poems, while drawing… I guess another way I could say it is that I like to play and through this play and my attempts to ease into starting to write a blog here is a sort of haiku/acrostic poem:

Girls
I
Remember
Listen
Secretly

Fluid
Enters
Every
Tunnel

No comments:

Post a Comment