Notes on Superstudio and the grid
- grid as emblem of modernism
- what does it mean to employ it postwar with its modernist history?
- grid in architecture and urban planning, agricultural delegation
- nature/culture: does the grid belong to one of these binaries, and how might it be present in both?
- grid in nature/landscape: do these structures integrate with nature or are they distinct? Are they architecture despite Superstudio's resistance? Utopic?
- networks: grid as recurring convergence of two lines at a point
- Superstudio's grid architecture as reflective (often see sky); what does it mean to have sky on architecture? Does space seem endless, continuous and omnipresent?