Tuesday 30 August 2016

2 Willow Road

I'm so excited by my discovery of Ernö Goldfinger's house at 2 Willow Road last week, which will be the case study for my third and longest chapter of my thesis. I went to visit it on Saturday and was blown away not only by the architecture of the house and by Goldfinger's furniture but also by the collection of modern art that was housed inside, which included works by: Bridget Riley, Max Ernst, Man Ray, Fernand Leger, Henry Moore and to my great interest Amédée Ozenfant, who was the art teacher of Goldfinger's wife Ursula in Paris. I'm so thrilled that my research has brought me to this house, which ties together so much of my thematic work on Loos, Le Corbusier, Mies van der Rohe, and Ozenfant of course and that here in London, I will have the opportunity to discover this house in great detail and the objects inside it, both the valuable art pieces and the trinkets Goldfinger brought back from holidays.

Can't stop thinking about the Foundations of Modern Art...



No comments:

Post a Comment