Monday 27 July 2015

Dialogue: The train station nearly four years ago

Dialogue: The train station nearly four years ago

- I wish we had our own language.
- Yeah that would be great.
- That way, we could talk just us and no one would understand.
- What would you tell me?
- I don't know. It would have to be in the moment. Something in the moment I didn't want anyone else to know.
- Would it be like, about you or about someone around us? Like, if someone smelled weird or if someone looked weird or pretty or something?
- I guess all of those.
- Or, would it be like, you would say when you had to go to the bathroom really badly or something?
- Yeah. Or if I was feeling something embarrassing.
- What kinds of feelings are embarrassing?
- Sad.
- Everyone feels sad.
- Yeah, but no one likes you when you are sad.
- That's not true. People are more understanding than that. You think you are the first person to ever feel sad and show it in public?
- No, but that doesn't mean I want people to see my cry.
- You're being silly. No one cares.
- Anyway, I just wish we had a language is all.
- Would it sound like any other language? Or be based in something else?
- No. It would be to be completed original so no one would understand.
- So no pig latin.
- No.
- Are you sad?
- What?
- Are you trying to tell me you feel sad?
- No, no.
- Are you sure? You look sad.
- I look sad?
- Yeah. Your face looks sad.
- I guess I am a bit sad.
- Why?
- I'm going to miss you.
- But we'll see each other again soon.
- But maybe not for a really long time.
- It won't feel that way.
- It feels that way now.
- You're the not first person to miss someone you know.
- I just wish I wasn't crying right now.
- I'll miss you too you know.
- I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment